Department: Children of The Woodlands ‐ Preschool
Reports to: Classroom Advisor
Children of The Woodlands Preschool (COTW), an outreach of The Woodlands Methodist Church (TWMC) is seeking candidates for Classroom Assistants for the 2022-2023 school year.
The Classroom Assistant is responsible for supporting the Preschool Teacher in the classroom with preparing materials, following plans and supervision of the students. This position is also critical in helping to provide the best possible learning environment for children assigned to the class by supporting the Guiding Principles of the school.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support mission statement, guiding principles and school philosophy
- Assist the classroom teachers in assigned tasks, following daily plans, working with children, preparing materials, cleaning the room, supervising on the playground, and in keeping with school philosophy
- Arrive in time to have classroom ready and be prepared for students prior to devotion time each day
- Be involved in learning appropriate classroom practices through “modeling”, continuing education and an awareness of SACS accreditation and/or DFPS minimum standards
- Assist with children in the classroom, in a large group, small groups or with individual students
- Assist in caring for rooms, equipment and shared space
- Cooperate with others who share the classroom, including school staff and Sunday School teachers
- Meet licensing, accreditation and school requirements for in-service training and professional growth in a timely manner
- Inform an administrator in cases of unreasonable behavior, parent complaints or other problems which should be handled by administration in the best interest of the school
- Perform other duties as needed
- Each assistant should have a minimum of two years of college credit
- Three years of experience working with children is preferred
- Assistants must be committed Christians comfortable sharing their faith with children and families
- Must meet licensing requirements, which includes fingerprinting and an extensive background check
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
JOB CLASSIFICATION/WORK SCHEDULE:
- This position is a part-time, non-exempt position that is not eligible for benefits.
- The work schedule will be 8:30 – 2:00, certain days each week during the school year.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and letter of interest to Children of The Woodlands (email@example.com). You can find more information on our website (Children of The Woodlands).